Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Altec 414 in sealed enclosure..

  1. #11
    Hostboard Member vuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I don't know what Po/C is used in Clio software...
    I didn't know the exact Sd either, so I used some values I tought could be near the actual value.
    When measuring with Clio's "added mass" method the only parameters one can change are driver's diameter and added mass. Every other parameter is measured/calculated by Clio. In my measurements I used exactly 20g.
    I will measure it again with even more added mass to see what happens. I'll also use Sd=505cm^2 and report results.
    Regards,
    Vuki

  2. #12
    Hostboard Member vuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi GM,

    you're absolutely right! I made measurements using Clio's "added mass" methode, but I inputed wrong mass value (1/2 of actual mass). Sorry! forums So here is what I got in repeated measurement. It could be the other driver from the pair so fs and some other (non "added mass" related) values might be slightly different.
    I'm really sorry I caused this confusion.
    forums

    fs 36,7Hz
    Qm 3,5
    Qe 0,35
    Qt 0,32
    Mms 39,9g
    Vas 198 l
    Cms 0,48mm/N
    BL 17,4N/A
    L(1k) 3,2mH

    Regards,
    Vuki

  3. #13
    Hostboard Member vuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Today I made new measurements and used Sd value 505cm^2.
    It seems the temperature also plays a role - today it's hot in here - (yesterday 23C, today 26C)and Fs is 1Hz lower! Vas changes with different added weights from 170 - 178 l, so that's less than 5%. But, it seems to me that all these variations don't affect box calculation by significant margin. If I'm to do a box I would make it ca 120lit and than play with BR tuning between 30-45Hz to get nice in-room bass response.

    Regards,
    Vuki

    414zz7oq

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    OK, this set calcs between 17.9685-18.0957 N/A and Mms 41.35 -41.94 grams based on my reference. Now that we know 'c' is measured based on time of flight and 'po' is fixed at 1.18, falling well outside the apparent norm for whatever reason, I calc c = 344.7382/346.4808 m/sec for 23/26deg C, or 17.8865-17.9769 N/A, Mms 40.9767-41.392 grams, Cms = 0.0004777-0.0004730 mm/N. Still off a bit, but 'close enough'.

    Right, for designing a sealed cab these differences aren't a big deal, but I've had such good correlation with theory and other's CLIO, MLS, and my own measurements that my 'picking' at you was mostly about giving you a baseline to increase your measuring proficiency for when you need it. forums

    Anyway, thanks for the specs, effort!

    GM

  5. #15
    Hostboard Member vuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you, GM! forums

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Barossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Hi,

    thanks a lot! Yes, i would like to build a sealed enclosure for the Altec 414. I would like to use them for an active System with the active crossover: Behringer UltraDrive Pro DCX2496, digital loudspeaker management system.

    The drivers are: 288, or 806a
    The midwoofer: 2* Altec 414 sealed box from >60Hz
    The Bass: Klipsch khorn

    Crossover frequenties ~ 60 Hz / ~500Hz

    Which enclosure volume will fit for the 414 from 60 Hz?

    Or should i build an open baffle?

    Greetings Barossi

    forums

  7. #17
    Hostboard Member vuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Barossi,

    I think that anything between 50-80 liters would work. It depends on the desired Q, poweramp output impedance etc. But, regardless of the chosen volumen, the driver would be already at least 6dB down at 60Hz. Since you would be using Behringer perhaps that won't be a problem.

    regards,
    Vuki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.